Sunday, February 21, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 4, Day 1

Really this is week 5 but since last week didn't go as plan, I guess it's week 4 and I'm a week behind. The first couple of miles, I really didn't think I was going to be able to go the full 5 miles, I was tired and really couldn't find a comfortable pace. Finally once I hit the 5k mark, I realized I felt stronger and was able to settle into a comfortable 11:16 pace the final two miles. In fact, I felt so good, I decided to finish my run with 6 x 30 sec sprints and to my surprise ran then in 5-6 min pace but of course I could only keep that pace for 30 secs max.

It felt great to finally complete a "long" run again and strong for that matter. The weather was absolutely gorgeous 64° and sunny so a lot of folks out walking and running. It's too bad the weather is going to turn colder and get back down in the 40s by the end of this week. I was really loving the warmer weather. 50s and 60s make for some great running weather!

Today's Workout: 5 Miles or 60 mins (whichever is longer)
Weather: 64°F Sunny, Winds SSW at 5mph

No comments:

Post a Comment