Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 2, Day 2

I had to wait and run today since yesterday was very raining and never got the chance to get in my run. It was a beautiful day, mid 50s and not a cloud in the sky and virtually no wind. Warm enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt and be comfortable. I started out with my usual 10 min warmup jog then did three 6 min tempo intervals with a 5 min recovery walk/jog in between. During the tempo intervals, I paid special attention to my breathing and form. The first tempo interval felt great. I kept my pace consistent and breathing under control. The second interval I think I started out a bit too fast because it felt like it was never going to end and ended up slowing down a lot towards the end. Then in the last tempo interval, I did pretty good up until the last 90 secs that went up a steep hill...not fun but I made it. Overall, this tempo run felt great once I was done but it did feel tougher than I expected probably because I was a little hungry and not properly hydrated.

Workout: 10 min wamup, 3 x 6 min tempo w/ 5 min recovery in between.
Weather: 54° F, Sunny. Winds Calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment