Sunday, February 14, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 3, Day 3&4

This entire week got messed up due to the weather and I haven't been running well either since that 7 mile run. Thursday, I attempted to run with my brother's German Shepherd but she kept stopping and it was a lot of tugging on her to get her to keep moving. Today, I was suppose to run 90 mins or 8 miles, whichever is longer but after 2 miles I started getting really bad lower back pain and hip flexor pain. That caused my form to change and every step it felt like someone taking a knife in my back so I decided it was probably best to just end my run early rather than risk further injury. I'm just sick of all the winter weather and cold. It's supposed to be in the upper 50s this time of year and we've barely broke out of the 40s. There is even the threat of light snow showers tonight. I'm so ready for spring and after today's run, I just don't know how many more cold weather runs I have left in me. I was really hoping to be running in shorts again by March but we'll see.

Today's Workout: 3 mile run
Weather: 43°F Cloudy, Winds 5 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment