Thursday, February 25, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 4, Day 3

The winds were brutal and it was downright cold. Here when I thought I could finally put away my winter running clothes, old man winter visits again. I originally had planned for 4 miles but with the winds, decided 3.5 miles was plenty. The first lap was alright but tough going into a 20 mph headwind uphill but I was able to power through it. The second lap I was hurting in my calves and ended up walking quite a bit up the hills. Third lap was pure torture, as I could already feel the fatigue sitting in and my legs just didn't want to go any further.

Overall this was probably one of the toughest training runs I've had and the cold and very windy conditions made it even tougher.

Today's Workout: 3.5 Miles - Hills
Weather: 37°F, Sunny. Winds NNW 22 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment