Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 3, Day 2

It was a very windy day so I altered my workout today. I bought my dogs a new hands-free leash that I attach around my waist. Wow, I was amazed how much simpler even walking them would be, let alone running. I took them out individually and took Kato out first since he is always the most excited about his walks. He did amazingly well and loved it. He stayed right next to me although wanted to go a bit faster than I was running which at 16 lbs, the little guy can run fast, just not very long so I just did 30 sec jogs with him with 2-3 min walking breaks.

Next it was Kelsey's turn. She was excited at the start and jogged with me the first time. She stayed beside me but slowed down. I felt tension so I had to stop and walk. Just 10 secs of jogging and she was done. She's more of a walker so we pretty much walked then on out.

Once I dropped the dogs off at the house, I then decided to do a fast 1 mile tempo run since I was pretty much already warmed up. The wind was pretty brutal. The first 1/4th mile is uphill and the wind was against me....a 25 mph gust hit me head on and going uphill, that felt like a wall and it stopped me dead in my tracks. Once it subsided, I continued on but it pretty much took everything out of me. Once I turned and went with the wind, it was much better. Still, it was a slow mile at 10:19 but on the RPE scale, it was 8-9 effort and went as fast as I could given the very windy conditions.

Workout: 3 Miles Hills (planned)
.75 walk/run with my dogs individually + 1 mile tempo run (actual)

Weather: 42° F Sunny, Winds 17 mph with gusts up to 25 mph

No comments:

Post a Comment