Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 4, Day 2

I was going to do my run earlier around 9am but the fog was so dense that I decided to just wait until lunch time. The humidity was still 100% so I knew it wasn't going to be a very comfortable run. I started out with a very slow 10 min warmup jog/walk to get everything loosen up.

The first 8 min tempo went pretty good, until I got to about the last 3 mins and things started to hurt. I was averaging anywhere between a 9:20 and 9:40 pace, which was way too fast since I was forced to walk a bit during the recovery jog. The second 8 min tempo, I just didn't have much left and when I hit the two steep hills, it took 100% effort just to walk up them.

Overall, it was a very tough run and I did the entire tempo intervals wrong! I guess I'm going to have to set goal zones on my Garmin 305 to prevent me from running too fast which I almost always do with tempo and speed work.

Today's Workout: 10 min warmup, 2 x 8 min tempo interval with 5 min recovery jog.
Weather: 58°F, Partly Cloudy, Winds SW 6mph, Humidity 100% (yuck)

No comments:

Post a Comment