Saturday, March 2, 2013

Week 11: Half Marathon Training

Monday - Rest Day


Rest day. Still mourning the loss of my dog, Kelsey.

 

Tuesday - Easy Run Rest Day


Zero motivation today and with it being cold, overcast, and windy, I decided to put my run off until tomorrow when it will be warmer and sunny.

 

Wednesday - Lunch Swim Easy Run


I was going to hit the rail trail at lunch but it was still a bit chilly for shorts and a t-shirt which is all I had packed, so I hit the treadmill and the indoor track instead. Ran 2 miles on the treadmill at an easy pace while adjusting the incline throughout to simulate hills. Then hit the indoor track for 1 mile of very light speed work, increasing the pace every quarter mile (4 laps).

 

Thursday - Group Run


Easy 4 miles on the rail trail. We kept the pace easy which was good since the only purpose of this run was to stay injury free. Feeling really good about the 10K this Saturday although the weather forecast isn't looking too good. Mid to upper 30s with a 40% chance of snow or rain. I just hope it isn't significant enough to cancel or postpone the race.  As long as it's nice and sunny next Saturday for the half marathon, mother nature can bring whatever she wants this weekend!

Weather: Cloudy 50°, winds 5-8 mph N. Feels like 48°.

 

Friday - Rest Day - Race Prep


Laid out everything for my race in the morning.

 

Saturday - Reedy River 10K


Treated it as any other long run. Read the race report.

 

Sunday - Rest Day


Scheduled rest day. Just 6 days until my first half marathon! Yikes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment