Sunday, March 17, 2013

Recovery Week #1

Monday - Lunch Swim


Active recovery from the half marathon. Did two sets of 8 x 50 with 15 seconds of rest between the 50s and 1 minute rest in between the two sets. Focused on technique instead of speed. Then spent 10 minutes in the other (warmer) pool stretching and 5 minutes in the hot tub which felt really good.

 

Tuesday - Walk/Run - 2 miles


Legs still felt fatigued so I just walked 2 miles with a few 30-60 second jogs thrown in.

 

Wednesday - Rest Day


Rest day.

 

Thursday - Group Run


I had planned on only running 3 miles but we ended up running 4.25 miles. The last mile was a bit tough and probably was a bit too much. At least it was on the flat rail trail.

 

Friday - Lunch Swim


My daytime sleep attacks were in full force today so instead of swimming, I ended up going home and taking a much needed nap.

 

Saturday - Rest Day


Woke up with extremely painful neck and shoulder pain. I have no idea what caused it considering this was an easy training week. Alternated between ice and heat but it seems if I stay idle, it hurts more than if I move around.

 

Sunday - Bike Ride + Run


Shoulder still hurt but because it hurt less if I moved around, I decided to go for my first bike ride of the season. Rode for about 45 minutes (9.6 miles) and felt pretty good. Shoulder never gave me any issues. Even came back and went out for a 25 minute (2.24 miles) run afterwards. Didn't plan on a brick workout but with the weather absolutely beautiful (77° and sunny) and my body feeling better when it's in motion, it sort of just happened.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment