Sunday, March 24, 2013

Recovery Week #2

Second "off" week so I pretty much did whatever I felt like it on whatever day I felt like it. No structure workouts, no goals, just have fun with whatever I was doing.

 

Monday - Nothing


Well, I was going to swim at lunch but got super busy at work.

 

Tuesday - Group Ride


This was my first group ride of the season. It was slow paced so my heart rate never got out of zone 1 except for the occasional hill. Rode for 18 miles and averaged around a 12.5 mph pace so not a bad way to start the cycling season.

 

Wednesday - Nothing


Another day of doing nothing.

 

Thursday - Nothing


Daytime sleep attacks! I hate when they get so bad I have to leave work early. It just becomes impossible to work through them so I headed home at 2:30 pm. I put on my pajamas and took a nap from 3 pm - 4:30 pm. I felt so much better when I woke up but still ended up skipping my evening run and going to bed at 9:30 pm.

 

Friday - Lunch Swim


Just a fun lunch time swim. I did mostly 50s and 100s and a lot of 3 and 5-stroke breathing to practice breathing on both my left and right side. Finally starting to feel less awkward.

 

Saturday - Nothing


Rainy and cold. Didn't do anything.

 

Sunday - Strength


The weather was still cold and rainy so I opted for a very short 15 min strength workout.

 

Triathlon training officially kicks off tomorrow. I will be my own coach so we'll see how it goes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment