Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lunch Swim

Today was my first visit to the new Thomas E. Hannah YMCA! The facility is nice but being that it just opened up 3 days ago, it was a bit crowded. The pool is 6 lanes, 25 yards and felt somewhat small after swimming in a 50 meter pool the last few times.

Since I forgot my workout card, I decided to just keep it simple. Started out with 4 x 50 warm up focusing on form and body position. Then I did 8 x 100 yard at 2 min pace with 30" rest. I didn't really need the 30" rest but it was just easier to keep time and track of my laps this way. I felt really good and was dead on consistent for all eight 100s! Then did 6 x 50 as a cool down with bilateral breathing every other lap.

It felt great to be back in the water again and I got in a solid 1,300 yard swim in 35 mins. My goal is to swim at lunch (30-35 mins) 2-3 days a week and that way I won't have to worry about trying to fit it in on my super busy weekends!

But one thing I love about this new YMCA is they have everything you need. Towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and plenty of hair dryers so all I need to bring is my swimsuit, swim cap, googles and flip flops! Starting May 1st they will have food delivery service where you can place your order when you arrive and it will be waiting for you when you leave. Lunch time workouts can't get any easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment