Friday, March 19, 2010

Dang Flat Tire, Went on a Run Instead

The weather was absolutely beautiful today, everyone was outside. It was a teacher work day and I guess a lot of Moms and Dads decided to take the day off too because it seemed like everyone was out going for bike rides or walking.

I had plans on going cycling since I just ran yesterday and didn't want to risk injury again. I got my cycling gear on (which is really running gear), went out to the garage and there it was...a flat rear tire! Thinking it just went flat because I haven't ridden in a while, I pumped it up and I could hear the air escaping. It wasn't holding air at all. I was so pissed off that I just went inside and put on my running shoes and headed out for a 3 mile run.

I kept the pace slow and easy and decided to run the opposite direction that I normally do. Running it counter-clockwise is much harder because of the long and steep hill near the park. I normally run down it but going the other way, it's a hard climb to the top.

Overall it was still a decent run with a time of 34:27 (11:27 pace). Not bad for an easy (60-70% effort) 3 mile run.

Weather: 73°F Sunny, light breeze
Workout: cycling 6 miles 3 mile easy run

No comments:

Post a Comment