Thursday, March 25, 2010

Awesome 4 Mile Run

I decided to do something different besides running a different route, I ran .9 miles comfortably hard then briskly walked the last tenth of the mile for 4 miles (last tenth of the last mile I picked it up even more). It went great and negative splits! The 2nd and 3rd mile were the hardest with the hills but the last mile although it was downhill, with a 9 mph headwind, it felt more like it was uphill and really took a lot out of me.

I've been wanting to work on my speed for longer durations and haven't felt like I've really been pushing myself as hard as I should or could be but this run, I definitely went beyond my comfort level. It's the fastest 4 miles I have ever ran and the 6th fastest 3+ mile run ever.

Today's Weather: 66°F Overcast, Winds 9 mph N
Today's Workout: 4 Miles (.9 mi hard, .1 mi walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment