Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week 7: Half Marathon Training

Monday - Rest Day


After Saturday's indoor triathlon and Sunday's 3 mile run, my body needed to rest!

 

Tuesday - Intervals


5 min warm up. 1 mile at 9:30 pace with 4 min recovery then 4 x 1/4 mile at 9:20 pace with 2 minute recovery. 5 min cool down. Hit the 1 mile right at 9:29 pace and the averaged 9:09 pace on the quarter miles.

 

Wednesday - Spin Express Class at the Y. Rest Day


Giving myself this week off from spinning now that the indoor triathlon is over.

 

Thursday - Group Run


Felt pretty good this evening. I now have a goal before daylight savings time...make it all the way up Hollywood Hill. Right now I can only  make it up about half way.

 

Friday - Swim. Rest Day


Giving myself this week off from swimming now that the indoor triathlon is over.

 

Saturday - Rest Day


Wanted to wait for it to warm up but it never did. Missed my window so I ran on Sunday instead.

 

Sunday - Long Run - 9 miles - 6 miles


Plans called for 9 miles today but I only managed 6.25 instead. When I left my house, it was 41 with very little wind so I dressed for low 40s thinking it would warm up. But about midway through my run, the winds really picked up (15+, gusting to 22+) and I started getting colder instead of warmer. I couldn't get my breathing under control and by the 5th mile, I was walking more than running so I cut my run short instead of suffering through another 3 miles. I'm so ready for spring and warmer temps!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment