Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 6: Indoor Tri & Half Marathon Training

Indoor Triathlon Race Week!


Monday - Treadmill Run


5 min warm up on stationary bike. 20 minute run on the treadmill at comfortably hard pace. 5 min cool down walk on indoor track.

 

Tuesday - Rest Day


Rest day.

 

Wednesday - Spin Express Class at the Y


Being race week, I decided to take it a little easier than usual today in order to save my legs for Saturday's indoor triathlon.

 

Thursday - Group Run


Cold and windy run. Low 40s with wind chill in the mid 30s. It was only really bad at the beginning, going down hill and against the wind. My body was generating little heat and the wind cut through all 3 layers I had on and my gloves didn't seem to be helping keeping my fingers from getting cold. After we made the turn against the wind and started going up hill, I quickly warmed up and even shed my gloves. It was a good run but I was also happy to get it over with.

 

Friday - Rest Day


The day before the indoor triathlon. Taking it easy, hydrating and clean eating (meaning no fried foods, junk food, or soft drinks).

 

Saturday - Indoor Triathlon!


You can read the race report here.

 

Sunday - Easy Run


Plan called for 4 miles but 3 miles is all I had in my tired and heavy legs.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment