Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week of December 3

Monday


Intervals - 1 mile warm up then 3 x 1/4 miles at a comfortably hard pace (right now that is right around a 10 min pace). These felt tough and I really need to start working in more speed work into my routine. 2.2 miles.

Tuesday


Mini Brick - It was such a gorgeous day outside so I decided to do a mini brick workout to remind myself what it feels like to run after a bike ride. I'm seriously considering the InYou Indoor Triathlon at the YMCA on January 26 which is another reason I need to start doing these "mini" bricks. 20 min bike ride then 5 min run.

Wednesday


Rest Day

Thursday


Group Run - We tried another route in a failed attempt to avoid Hollywood hill but let's face it, if you go down on the way "out", you will be going "up" on the way back no matter which way you choose. 4.4 miles.

Friday


Rest Day

Saturday


Long Run - Goal was 5 miles in under 1 hour (so 12 min pace or faster) and I finished in 58:49! I used run 3 minute / walk 1 minute intervals for the first 4 miles than ran the last mile without any walk breaks for a very strong and fast 10:24 last mile!

Sunday


Optional Swim - Rest Day - Was too busy and just couldn't find time to get to the pool and didn't really do much "resting".

No comments:

Post a Comment