Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week of October 29, 2012

Monday


25 min indoor run - 15 mins on the treadmill then 10 mins of speed work on the indoor track. Felt pretty good although I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the treadmill, it's just too boring and too hot with no moving air. I've decided I'm going to try the Indoor Triathlon in January which will have a 15 minute treadmill run so from now until then, I'm going to try to make an effort to get in at least one 15 minute treadmill run per week.

 

Tuesday


30 mins of strength & flexibility. I have this 5 round circuit I do which is pretty much mostly an upper body and core workout then I spend the last 10 mins stretching.

 

Wednesday


Rest day

 

Thursday


4 mile easy run - An amazing run with only 3 very short walk breaks (at the intersections). The best part is I could of kept running beyond 4 miles. Perfect fall weather too. I love when 60° actually feels cool instead of warm and sticky!

 

Friday


Rest day

 

Saturday


5K + 2 hour hike. Impromptu charity run after seeing the story in the local newspaper yesterday. The course was a little short of a 5K but not a bad time of 32:24.  Then Jeff & I went on a hike at Pisgah National Forest at Graveyard Fields where some sections were really strenuous. The trails were not marked very well and we ended up on another trail and went 45 mins before realizing something wasn't right. Back tracked, found the right trail and finally made it to the waterfall which was extremely disappointing as it wasn't much of a waterfall.

 

Sunday


Rest day - much need after yesterday's 5K and 2 hour hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment