Thursday, November 24, 2011

Race Report: Turkey Day 8K

Finished in 50:45 about 90 seconds faster than last year's time. And just like last year, I treated this run as training and decided to stick with tempo intervals.

5 min easy jog to get warmed up and with a 38° start, I absolutely needed it.

Then the intervals which were run 3 minutes at a 8:45 - 9:30 pace with a 2 minute recovery walk in between. The first 3 miles felt great but most of the first half of this course is downhill or flat so keeping a 9 minute pace wasn't that hard but once I hit those hills in Hampton Heights and on Spring Street, I had a very hard time keeping it below a 10 minute pace. Still the 3:2 intervals worked out quite well.

According to my Garmin Forerunner, my active time was 32 mins and covered 3.5 miles so an average pace of 9:28 which was my goal so I'm happy about today's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment