Monday, January 25, 2010

Half Marathon Training - Week 1, Day 2

Wow, it was windy and I was expecting it to feel cold so I wore track pants and a jacket. Bad idea, after 1/2 mile, I was already hot and wishing I wore capri tights and a long/sleeve tech tee instead. But I didn't bother going back home since it was just a 2 mile run.

From the moment I started running, I knew it was going to be a tough run into the wind and it was. I did my best to keep my heart rate in zone 3 and had my FR305 HR alert set for 160 so I would know when to slow it down or walk. It went off a several times, mostly in the very beginning since I always start out too fast and when I was near the top of a hill which is expected. I'm hoping this teaches me my "true" easy pace so I'm not going all out every single training run. Overall it was a good run...wind and all.

Today's Workout: Run 2 miles while keeping HR in Zone 3 (133 - 152 bpm).
Weather: 52° Partly Sunny. Wind WSW 16 mph, gusting up to 28 mph.

No comments:

Post a Comment